Purpose of job
As a Service Sales Engineer, you will apply technical and customer insights to identify, sell and provide customers with highly value-adding service and after-sales solutions.
You will work closely with sales colleagues to ensure a positive customer experience.
You will identify new business opportunities - new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, to promote and offer service offerings/products to better meet the needs of existing markets - and then to go out and use those opportunities to bring in more revenue.
- Listen to customers and identify how Grundfos value proposition supports their business needs.
- Proactively identify new sales leads and drive the service sales process for specific customers, markets, products, or industry and achieve agreed targets.
- Keep updated on market trends and competition.
- Select service products, prepare and present quotations.
- Negotiate pricing on standard projects.
- Follow up on sales from quotation to getting the order.
- Plan and register all activities.
- Work closely with sales colleagues to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Work closely with Service Specialists on on-site troubleshooting and assist with training when necessary.
- Carry out risk assessment before on-site visits.
- Analyze potential and existing markets in order to identify business opportunities.
- Carry out market research in order to develop strategies and roadmaps for service sales to secure more business relations.
- Develop campaigns and other activities that will help in increasing the recognition of the company
- Assist the relevant management in resourcing, budgeting, and problem solving activities of the company
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools on effective development of business opportunities for the company
- Provide support to marketing team, in the area of developing strategies for Service Sales
- Key point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice and introducing new or existing service products.
Critical knowledge and experience
To be considered for this position you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a Bachelor’s Degree graduate, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 3 years of experience of proven track record in Service sales in a Manufacturing Industry.
- Preferably has exposure to the Pump Industry.
- Preferably with digital and electronic skills and experience.
- Experience driving developed processes within the service environment.
- Ability to lead processes or projects.
- Ability to lead a business process within the service environment.
- Willing to work flexible schedules/hours, and engage in significant domestic travel
- A strong self-starter, able to work efficiently and effectively without immediate supervision
- High integrity, ethics, and a positive attitude
- Motivation for Service Partners
- Strong Customer-Facing Skills
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges
- Territory Management
- Good presentation and influencing/negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal ability and networking skills. Should be able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to listen and demonstrate good command of English both spoken and written. Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within the company and in the sales field.