Purpose of job
As a Service Engineer you will perform hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment, repair and start-ups on pumps and controls travelling to and from customer sites & workshops.
- Execute service calls as instructed
- Interact with customers & perform workshop and field service including trouble-shooting, assessment, inspection, reporting, cleaning, reassembly and testing of pumps and controls.
- Commissioning of new pumps and pump sets / controls and operator training.
- Prepare commissioning and service reports for Service Manager’s review.
- Report on installations & site conditions that affect the operation or lifetime of the products and scope for new service business.
- Assist during service training for customers.
Critical knowledge and experience
To be considered for this position you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be an electrician or holder of Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Must have minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Strong competence and experience in servicing pumps, hydraulics, motor controls or rotating equipment (engine, fans, conveyers).
- Must be able to perform advanced pump service / maintenance activities, with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
- Individuals with experience in servicing similar / other high value, technically complex electro-mechanical products will also be considered.
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and ability to service pumps in a production environment.
- Read and interpret service instructions and IOMs for assembly, repair, reassembly and operation as required including completion of reports in either paper or electronic form.
- Preferably with digital and electronic skills and experience.
- Able to work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees, with proactive, friendly and problem-solving approach.
- Capable to work in work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at construction/building/industrial facilities.
- Handle a variety of tools and processes; able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 20 kg.
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Must be fluent in English.